Friday, February 19, 2010

Ouch!!

Last night Scott mentioned his chest felt "heavy" and he hoped he wasn't catching my cold. This morning he repeated the complaint and added that he was light headed. Uh oh... immediate action required, sort of like a blown car engine!

We stopped by Emergency Care in Heber City, UT and he was diagnosed with Pheumonia. They looked under my "hood" as well and I'm there too. Three hours later, after respiratory therapy, needles and antibiotics we're back on the road. Scott's is limited to the base of his right lung. Mine is all over. We're optomistic that three days of antibiotics and rest will get Scott to where he can race the NORAM speed next week. We'll probably have to arrange something over his mouth so the air warms a little before inhalation. I have an easy week as Finish Referee for the events, so I can pace. Life just got a little more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment